07 March 2016

Scouting Locations

Sarah contacted me for some head and shoulders shots ready for her new business, new website and new career - all NEW hear!
She chose to meet outdoors near St Peter's Church, Burton saying "I want outdoors cos I'm an outdoorsy sort of woman". I like her style.
I arrived a few mins early and had a quick walk around looking out for nice backdrops alongside the River Trent. This structure was interesting. I loved the colours of the bricks, there was a good source of natural light and it would give us some shelter from the wind.

Shelter
Sarah liked the look of it too and this is my favourite image of her from inside the shelter:

Natural light and a little flash with a lovely brick backdrop

I also spied this spot with an ivy covered tree, the River and a moss covered wall:  

Mossy wall
Sarah had brought a change of clothes and so for this shot we chose the tweed jacket:

Mossy wall

I encourage my client to bring along a change of clothes (a couple of jackets, a scarf, different jumper) so that they have a few different looks. The reason for this is so they get more images from the one shoot that they can rota through the year. Sarah took this to heart and I actually have a shot of her in a tee-shirt. What a star and now she has images ready for use across all platforms for her new business throughout the coming year.

. . . . . . . . . o o o 0 o o o . . . . . . . . . .