03 June 2012

Day off?

I found I had a couple of days with no appointments so instead of settling down to do some admin I decided to give myself a couple of days R&R.

What to do, what to do.

I phoned a friend and invited myself round. I packed up Justin. Many of you will have met Justin - Justin Case!

Couldn't resist popping my Fuji point and shoot into my case. Living in an apartment overlooking the canal offers photographic opportunities, even on a grey overcast day. Decided to capture a mini time-lapse (inspired by Amos Poe) of the activity in the Wharf.

Sherborne Wharf with sunken narrow boat


Time-lapse with a point and shoot is a painful operation. Holding and operating the camera involves sitting perfectly still in the same position. This is why it is a mini time-lapse. Pins and needles stopped the shoot!

I will process this later today and post a link. I need a small time-lapse project to undertake to get my eye back in as I need to create three or four big movies ready for the exhibition showreel.

A year ago I had a black eye received from my iPad falling onto my face! My two days R&R has also resulted in bruises but this time for all the right reasons.

Right I need to go and do some admin!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .