26 March 2012

Hello Star Gazers

Such a beautiful clear day bode well for a clear cloud-free night sky. What with Venus being so close to the beautiful waxing crescent moon and Jupiter below them - I thought I would set up the camera to capture a time-lapse of it all.

Initially I was hampered by a neighbour who decided to do a 59 point turn on my drive (Why? I have no idea). Finally he cleared off and I got the chance to set up and start capturing.

Here is the result - I decided to help you a little by labelling the points of interest in the sky at the end of the movie - so see what you think:

There is sound on this movie

Thoughts:
I am not too happy with the quality of the mp4s - the movies are much better when watched from the .mov file. I will investigate ways to improve things.

Got to use the new Manfrotto tripod and friction grip head - blooming marvellous. Easy to set up and easy to use and no blood on my fingers at the end. Magnificent purchase.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .