04 November 2011

Lest we Forget

Please wear a poppy this coming week.
It doesn't mean you are religious
It doesn't mean you believe in war
It doesn't mean you believe in conflict
It doesn't mean you agree or disagree with any political party.
What it does mean is that you are conscious of the debt you owe to people who have paid - sometimes with their lives - to protect this country.

Wear your Poppy with Pride

Last year I went to the National Memorial Arboretum at Alrewas and was touched to see this young soldier looking at the names of those that had fallen engraved into the walls of the centre piece monument. It was an extremely moving moment and I cried when I captured the image.


I hope he remains safe and returns to his family when his time spent serving this country is done. And it is for him and all those people engraved into that wall that I wear my Poppy this week.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .