25 October 2011

Paris

I loved it so much I am organising a trip back. February sounds like a good month, so have got my travel consultant onto it.

Montmartre

A whole day in the Centre Pompidou and didn't see half of the exhibitions. But I have discovered what art influences me. It seems it is a quite specific part of the Modernist movement. Also discovered a new movement - Fauvism - will write about that shortly. There are so many wonderful galleries and of course the Mona Lisa to revisit that it demands a return visit.

Paris

Went to the top of the Eiffel Tower to recreate an image of me taken when I had my first camera at the age of 17.
Then
Now

Had a lot of fun with the tilt and shift lens. I found it's limits for what I was trying to do and also marveled at some of the gorgeous effects I was capturing. Some of my favourite images:

Eiffel Tower

Pompidou Centre

 
I also found the extra functions on the Canon 5D Mark II (which I had pooh-poohed in the past) really useful. I even tried some video. Being able to push the ISO up to 6400 made for capturing images in all sorts of difficult and dark lighting conditions. I even managed some half decent shots of the photographers at the gig as it got underway:


I am beginning to think I could part-ex my 5D - I think the business could manage to find a way of making this happen. Will look into this.

A magnificent few days. I even got looks from blokes like I used to when I was in my 20s - an excellent boost to the self-confidence and ego. You have just got to love Paris.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .