21 September 2011

Little People in the City

The Street Art of Slinkachu

This beautiful book, printed in 2008, is filled with humour and inspiration for my Small World project.

Think this book, along with feedback from others, shows how people like comparison, that they like domination and submission, that they like to be confused but like it explained, it mirrors the response we have to our own built environment. Playing in this small scale world I can be more daring, more adventurous, more riské. It can show how we, as individuals, whilst crammed together on this dense rock - are alienated and alone.

It's the juxtaposition of scales that makes creating this 'small world' work interesting, intriguing and such fun.

This book also shows me that I should not be too worried about blobby paint on my little characters nor the scale of items in relation to them.

Little People in the City
The Street Art of Slinkachu
Boxtree 2008

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .