22 August 2011

Assistant failure

Today was going to be a full on immersion into the Small World. I had lined up a model/assistant to help me. Not only were they going to help they were also going to provide some props in the shape of 00 gauge buildings. However they are no longer available (the curse of the self-employed is that you have to take work where you find it). Best laid plans and all?

So onto Plan B - will pop over and see a model railway enthusiast friend to see if I can borrow some of their buildings for a couple of days!

After seeing the results of what I shot yesterday the weather can make or break some of my ideas. Perhaps that is just an excuse and I blame it on the weather if the result is not good? However once I have had time with my new strobist friend and learnt new skills and techniques with off-camera flash - then perhaps all that will be behind me. I will be in control of the lighting in future and not have to rely on the weather! Oh the joy of being in control. Doesn't happen often in my life.


off-camera lighting

Have just opened the black out blind and guess what? It is a beautiful day - so now I have no excuse.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .