18 June 2011

Private view - what a ride

What an interesting time setting up the exhibition ready for the Private View at 6pm on 16th June. Logistical nightmare, hard work, tiring - but all very effectively accomplished through determination, perseverance and team work. Support and help gratefully accepted from all quarters and all work was up on the white walls and the room swept and cleaned ready for the official opening time at 6pm.


Very proud I am
 Some of the VIP invitees attended including Ed Swinden and Frede Spencer... always nice to see familiar faces and pleased the invites got out to everyone.

Ed Swinden has a look at Chris Mear's work

Very happy with how my images looked. Think next time I might go bigger, much bigger, perhaps A0. The room is big the big images looked stunning. Mine fit perfectly into the space they had so they were certainly the correct size for this exhibition.


Very surprised at how quickly my business cards were going. I had approximately 25 cards made with images for the 'Smalll World' project on them and they had all gone by 7.30. Later on a guy was searching through all my cards and I asked if I could help, he said he wanted a card with the blue image on it. I had the postcards and gave him a copy blue image and the large image. He was very happy. Wonder if he will be in touch.


I am guessing that the following days after the private view will be much quieter but I will take more cards with me on Saturday to ensure they don't run out.

~~~~~~ <> ~~~~ <> ~~~~~~