27 February 2011

Small World

I have ideas to create a small world of my own. It came from an image I saw whilst watching an Arts programme.


The images I had taken of toy cars against the backdrop of a sunset had started an idea in my head.


I had been directed towards the work of Alberto Giacometti and this week I went in search of inspiration.




You can probably tell this is part of a model railway. I used my Fuji point and shoot on the macro setting as it could get into areas I couldn't reach. I love the gentleness of these images. I have already been asked if I have used a tilt and shift lens.

I also tried some images out in the real world to give me inspiration and this is one of my favourites.


I have been given many, many cars; some plasticine; ideas about how to create buildings and viewing Michael Paul Smith's Elgin Park Flickr pages. It wont be long now before I make a start on creating my own world.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -