12 January 2011

How many?

I heard on the radio this morning that by 2050 there will be 9billion people living on planet earth. By 2075 there will be 9.5billion. 

How can there be this many people? It is unbelieveable.

I am doing my bit by adding no more people and not having children, as are a number of my friends. How will the earth survive/support that many people? People are already considering engineering solutions to this massive problem to make sure there is enough food and food that is not being wasted; there is enough clean water; there is enough space and shelter and there is enough energy. They believe that current technologies can ensure that we can support 9billion people - but this scares me and I am grateful that I will not be around to see this happen.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -