23 November 2010

Location Location Location

Hardy Tree, London
Initially I considered going and photographing the Hardy Tree in St Pancras North Cemetery - but after investigating the trains for tomorrow I will not have enough time in the afternoon to get to London before I lose the sunlight.

Madingley, Cambridge
My next idea was to photograph a war cemetery where there will be seried ranks of headstones lined up and creating geometric patterns. I know there is one just outside Cambridge. However I do not want to have to make such an epic journey (approx 2 hours) and once again the light would be fading by the time I arrived.

Arboretum, Alrewas
After a search locally for war cemeteries I discovered the Cannock Chase German War Cemetery, Beecroft Road, Cannock and the National Memorial Arboretum, Croxall Road, Alrewas. I have decided to go the the Arboretum as, although I have never been, I know there are some good photographs to be had there. As it is close to Remembrance Sunday there should still be lots of Poppy Wreaths adorning the memorial. My plan is to go in the afternoon and I hope to stay until the sun begins to fade and see if I cannot capture some stunning shadows.

Paper
My plan is to photograph in black and white and get the resulting images produced on the Hahnemuhle Photorag matt A3, a heavy art paper with a fibrous finish (Giclee) or the Kodak Metallic A3 paper this would give it a 3-dimensional feel (C-type) - my choice of paper will be made once I have final image.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -