25 November 2010

Final image - or not

My response to this brief is to connect with the talk about War Photography and how that made me feel. I needed to create an image that said something that showed the humility and pride people feel for the people that are fighting for us and keeping us safe.

This new recruit is overwhelmed and dwarfed by the oppressive wall of the 16,000 names of soldiers that have died in conflicts. This was an emotional event to witness as the impact of their career choice comes home to them.

Whilst I was visiting the National Memorial Arboretum a group of soldiers stood at attention under the obelisk and I photographed them hemmed in and almost squashed by the surrounding walls.


I am now torn on which to choose to present to Joe Cornish on 8th December.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -