30 September 2010

Steaming fences

This morning I saw the most beautiful images just waiting for me to capture them. However today is a day for wearing many different hats and I did not have the time for photography.

The weirdest phenomena happens in my garden ... if the morning starts cold, damp and misty as the sun breaks through the mist it starts to heat the water droplets on the fences; the fences then begin to steam. It is very odd. I tried to capture it but this does it no justice at all.


Also the bush at the end of my garden was covered in dew laden cobwebs and looked, in my opinion, just how a Christmas tree should look when covered in tinsel. Once again I was too late getting out with the camera and by the time I stood in front of it the magic had gone.

The steaming fences foretold a beautiful day. Friday there was torrential rain and I had hoped to go and photograph a building using the medium format camera borrowed from Uni but that was not going to happen - far too wet.

Saturday morning also started with steaming fences so I knew the day was going to be good and I was able to take the photographs I wanted. I also got a better photograph of the steaming fences.



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -