30 September 2010

Staffs Uni Induction

Denied the lovely lunch - only biscuits available. Picked up some very useful tips about the library service and the amount of varied information online. Particularly the access to journals and research documents - I will definitely be making use of those once I have logged on.

The ceiling in the reception area outside the Lecture Theatre was very interesting. I couldn't resist snapping it as I had my compact Fuji with me.

Had time on the coach journey to read through the Sunday papers and to find out about various exhibitions and shows taking place. I am starting a list of 'galleries to visit' that I hope to see once I have sorted out my 'Young Persons' Railcard'. 

Whilst I was in the Lecture Theatre I was also thinking about the typography assignment we need to complete. I was thinking about how typefaces consist of negative spaces and how interesting those shapes are. I began doodling and started an alphabet that I am going to call 'Block'.


I will compete this alphabet and see how it looks when creating a word or phrase.

- - - - -

Paying attention. 



The journey home.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -