25 September 2010

Customer Services

Customer Service Departments can be relied on to make the easiest of tasks take on the dimensions of the challenges of Hercules. I think we are all to blame for this situation - we all demand lower and lower prices and companies have to squeeze somewhere. They will not squeeze at the point where they are trying to attract new customers so they will create a squeeze on dealing with the loyal one. After spending 20 minutes on hold after pressing 1, 5, 2, 1, from a bizarre array of intricate choices - I hung up. This is the cowards way out I know as I will have to go through it again. However it has been a salutary lesson. How am I going to deal with my customers? How will I handle their complaints? How will I handle their expectations? 

Gave a Voucher for a Portrait Sitting to the Macmillan Coffee Morning raffle yesterday. Thankfully a very photogenic lady, that I like, won the prize. I am looking forward to taking her portrait. 

Had more interest in my cards and notelets and have been asked to supply a quote for putting one of my favourite abstract images onto canvas.  





Young Persons' Railcard
I know, I know, I know I am not a 'young person' but there is a section in this for mature students in full-time education. If I pay my £26 I can get a third off rail travel. I have decided that I need to make the effort to get myself to galleries and exhibitions without relying on Uni to arrange/organise trips. My plan is to decide on a day each month when I will travel down to London.

East Midlands Parkway is approx 15 miles from home and takes me straight into London St Pancras in an hour and half. The railway station sits almost underneath the looming towers of Ratcliffe Power Station. It is a stunning position and I am hoping there will be an opportunity to photograph it. Perhaps even start a Power Station Project.

Had my Fuji compact camera in my bag and snapped this...


Now I just need to keep my eye on exhibitions lists and make sure I go. I plan to see things I don't necessarily like as well as things that really make me think "I have to see that". I need to develop my tastes and I can learn a lot from the things that I don't like as much as I can from the things that I am comfortable with.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -